Worker Assist Tasmania Inc has been providing assistance to injured workers across Tasmania since 2011. As an incorporated Community Legal Centre, administered by a committee of five (5) we are seeking one ordinary member to join the Committee of Management.
This is a casual vacancy that under the Worker Assist Constitution, the Committee of Management will appoint a member to fill the vacancy until the next annual general meeting which will be held in September, 2017.
The Committee of Management meets quarterly and occasionally other work will be involved depending on the skill of the individual and the needs of Worker Assist Inc.
Candidates with any of the following highly desirable attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Knowledge or expertise in finance, accounting and general funding oversight;
- Knowledge and experience of governance and risk management;
- Knowledge or experience of the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act;
- Developing, reviewing and improving policies and procedures;
- Prior Board experience an advantage.
The expressions of interest close on the 24thFebruary 2016 and should be forwarded to:
Secretary of Unions Tasmania
Please include your CV and a brief outline of the skills and experience you would bring to the Committee.