Law Companion Ruling
The final Law Companion Ruling LCR 2018/4 has been published. Thank you for your feedback.
We have developed the following two new webpages:
- The GST at settlement page (QC55431)
- GST property settlement online forms and instructions (QC55781)
Please note: these pages were updated on 29 June 2018.
The following two webpages have been updated:
Please note: these pages were updated on 19 June 2018.
The following webpages will be available next week:
- A guide for suppliers and their representatives
- A guide for purchasers and their representatives
How to pay
- Information is available on how to pay.
- GST property settlement payments cannot be paid at Australia Post until late September 2018 (automated payment slip with barcode).
- A payment slip is available to be downloaded on how to pay and is to be included with the cheque when the withholding payment is made to the ATO.
Please note: the how to pay options were updated on 29 June 2018.
- A purchaser can authorise a representative to submit the forms on their behalf by providing them a signed declaration.
- Depending on the state or territory the property is located in, the purchaser’s representative can include a conveyancer and solicitor.
- Information and a sample of the declaration is available.
GST Property credits withholding account
Online viewability of the GST property credits withholding account is scheduled for late September 2018.
- Webinar recording available on ATOtv (tv.ato.gov.au) – GST at settlement changes from 1 July 2018
- Podcast on ATO’s podcast channel Tax InVoice (search on QC54552)
- Animated video on ATOtv (tv.ato.gov.au) – GST withholding for certain taxable sales of property
The GST at settlement webpage will be open for consultation on Monday 9 July. If you have any feedback on this webpage look out for the link located at the bottom of the webpage to enable you to provide feedback.