Call for papers and expressions of interest
The ACHRA Officer’s Conference will be held on 17th and 18th October 2019 in Hobart, Tasmania.
The conference theme is: Empowering vulnerable groups to assert their rights in a world increasingly impacted by inequity.
Some of the suggested topics for the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Law reform: latest developments in human rights across jurisdictions
- Protecting human rights in closed environments (prisons, aged care facilities, youth justice)
- UN Declaration of Human Rights: 70 years of achievements and challenges
- Our people our culture: strengthening our performance based on ethical and inclusive frameworks for action
- Sexual harassment and the #metoo movement
- Improving accessibility of complaints processes: legal outreach
- Training: innovation, challenges and opportunities
Together we are hoping to put together a conference program that is stimulating, educative and with a mix of presentations and panel discussions.
We know that there is a lot of great work going on around the country. With that in mind the ACHRA Officer’s Conference Committee is calling for ideas and expressions of interest to present a paper, participate in a panel or facilitate a workshop on interesting topics or challenges to share with colleagues.
If you would like to contribute to any of the following, please let us know:
- A presentation (approx. 30 minutes, followed by 30 minutes questions);
- A workshop around key themes;
- Panel discussions on relevant topics; or a
- Sharing/learning/networking exercise.
The conference is a great chance for officers in various authorities across Australia to network, build relationships and above all to learn about what each other is doing. So if you or your organisation has been working on a project you think is worth sharing or you have an issue that you think collective minds might benefit from discussing, let us know.
Please send your expression of interest to us by 19 April 2019:
ACHRA Officer’s Conference Committee (Tas)
Any questions regarding the expression of interest should be directed to Amelia or Katrina on 03 6165 7515 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org