The Initiating Application (Family Court and Federal Circuit Court) and the Response to Initiating Application (Family Court only) have been updated. The amendments include:
- changing the ‘gender’ options available in the forms
- updating the description of parties (e.g. terms like ‘wife/mother’ and ‘husband/father’ have been changed to ‘parent’, ‘grandparent’, ‘party to a marriage’ and/or ‘party to a de facto relationship’), and
- updating definitions in the ‘legal words used in court’ in the kit information.
The updated kits and forms are now available on the websites:
- Family Court – http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/form-topics
- Federal Circuit Court – http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/form-topics
Additional time is needed to make these changes to the Commonwealth Courts Portal ‘guided’ version of the forms. To allow for these IT system changes, the ‘guided’ versions will continue to be accepted.
Federal Court of Australia | Family Court of Australia | Federal Circuit Court of Australia