The Solicitors’ Trust administers and manages the Solicitors’ Guarantee Fund, the major purposes of which are to:
• Compensate claimants in respect of claims for defaults by law practices to pay or deliver trust money or trust property or in respect of dishonest dealings with trust property or money
• Pay the operating costs of the Legal Profession Board and Disciplinary Tribunal
The Society nominates two of the three members of the Trust.
The Society seeks expressions of interest from suitably experienced and qualified practitioners for nomination by it as a member of the Trust. There is one position available.
• Hold a current practising certificate
• Familiarity with the relevant provisions of the Legal Profession Act 2007
• Experience in commercial litigation
• Able to work co-operatively as part of a small team
• Be available when required to consider issues which arise and need to be addressed between trust meetings.
• Experience as a Board member
• Experience in investment management
• Ability to analyse claims on the Guarantee Fund and make appropriate decisions.
Expressions of interest close on Friday, 30 April 2021 and can be emailed to the Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.