Certificate of Fitness
To obtain a Certificate of Fitness (Good Standing) a practitioner must provide a request in writing stating the following:
- Practitioner’s full name (as well as previous name, maiden name or married name)
- Date of Admission to the Supreme Court of Tasmania
- Court of jurisdiction in which the practitioner will apply to be admitted.
- Addressee details of where to send the Certificate of Fitness. Some admitting bodies will only accept an original certificate sent directly from the issuing body and will not accept service from the practitioner.
- Fee of $110 (GST included). Cheque made payable to the Law Society of Tasmania or money order or credit card payment
- Only a written request signed by the legal practitioner will be accepted. An application form is available to be downloaded for convenience.