Changes to Law Society Operations
12 August 2020
Please note the Law Society is temporarily restricting access to 28 Murray Street and as a general rule all meetings and CPD will continue to be held virtually until further notice.
The Society has otherwise resumed normal operations. Should you wish to speak with a staff member or arrange restricted access to the premises please telephone (03) 62344133 during business hours.
If you will be attending the Society under a restricted access arrangement, we ask that you read and comply with the instructions below:
· Stay home if you are unwell or if you have been directed to do so on the day of your scheduled visit. Please call and reschedule.
· Sanitise your hands prior to entering the building (including prior to door handle contact). Sanitiser is also available in the reception area for departures.
· Maintain social distancing in the reception area and during meetings.
The electronic delivery of documents is encouraged. If you need to drop off documents, please use the mail slot in the front door of our building or telephone the above number to arrange access and delivery.
In the meantime, we encourage everyone to take care of themselves and each other. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Launceston Law Library re-opening
As from Wednesday 12th August 2020, the library and meeting rooms on the ground floor will re-open to members subject to the following conditions.
· Hand sanitiser or antibacterial wipes must be used before entry in to the library [sanitising station in entry]
· Members must complete the register signing in AND out
· Maximum of 5 people in the library at any one time
· Books removed from the shelves must be left on table or allocated quarantine area – do not re-shelve.
· First floor rooms are unavailable until further notice from the Law Society
· Meeting rooms on the ground floor are available – maximum of 2 people – bookings preferred.
Library staff will:-
· Clean after each use the practitioner workstation, printer/copier, tables and chairs.
· Quarantine all books used for 72 hours (including books returned from loan).
For the safety of staff and members, social distancing and hygiene measures must be adhered to at all times.
Bronwyn King (Library Officer) will be available to assist you Monday – Wednesday 9:00 – 1:00 and Thursday 1:30 – 5:30.
Staff at the Andrew Inglis Clark Library are available each day from 9:00 – 5:00.