Election Law Society President
The Council of the Law Society of Tasmania has today elected Rohan Foon as its President. Rohan is a Director of the Launceston firm, Douglas and Collins
Rohan graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2004 with a combined degree in Economics & Law with first class honours in law.
In 2005 he completed a Graduate Certificate of Legal Practice and was admitted as a legal practitioner. Upon his admission he spent a year as Associate to the Honourable Justice Crawford of the Supreme Court of Tasmania.
Rohan has been a legal practitioner at Douglas and Collins in Launceston since August 2006 and became a principal of the firm in January 2013.
He practices in civil and criminal litigation. He has been a member of the Council of the Law society since 2010.
In addition to practice Rohan is currently;
- Member of the Disciplinary Tribunal for the Tasmanian Legal Profession,
- Member of the Board of the Tasmanian Law Reform Institute,
- Member of the Solicitors Accounts Rules Committee,
- Chairman of the Launceston Touch Football Association Tribunal,
- Disciplinary Tribunal member for Touch Football Australia
- Member of the Board of Encore Theatre Company
- A Criminal Injuries Compensation Commissioner
He is also formerly a Deputy Chairman of the Tasmanian Racing Appeals board (2013-2015), a former member of the Northern Tasmania Football Association Tribunal (2006-2012) and a Board Member of the Time Out House.
0412 593 675
15 October 2016